In response to feedback we received from constituents at this year’s annual Green Line Meeting, the MBTA undertook a comprehensive maintenance/rehabilitation project at Symphony Station. We heard from Fenway residents that the station was poorly maintained, dirty and unwelcoming. MBTA maintenance made the following improvements:
New light gray paint at entrances:
New dark gray paint
Tile clean and repair, ceilings scraped and painted, black trim, stair risers, base, doors, light bulbs replaced, glass cleaning:
Damaged wall/information cabinet:
This project is a product of neighborhood advocacy, great job by Fenway residents and great job by the MBTA!
Office of State Senator William N. Brownsberger
The 4 Green Line stops that needs Handicap Accessible, Elevator, & Escalators are Symphony, Hynes Convention Center, & Boylston.
Yes. I believe that is correct — there are 4 stations in line for more comprehensive updates. We’re doing Government Center now — it’s going to be great.
this is great, but Symphony services a lot of us seniors who are supporting various cultural groups, and the stairs are a problem, as is the wind that tears down them. we look forward to accessibility.
Well taken. Let me see what we confirm about the time line for this much larger investment.
Well this is something that should have been done years ago. I rarely use this station, but yes indeed, all that work makes a great improvement!
Nice job on the entrances. Several problems remain.
1. In rainy weather, like today, the stair landings on the Inbound side are flooded because the small, side drains are inoperable…either stopped up or the innards have disintegrated. This has been going on since 2001.
2. The new Information Board is nice but empty.
3. The Inbound track wall remains almost black with soot and gauged out areas near the bottom.
4. There still is no area map to assist persons looking for Symphony Hall, NU, or the Christian Science area.
5. Today a person with luggage could not use her individual one time card to enter the Inbound side as the turnstiles say only Smart Cards. I used my card to open the turnstile for her.
Looking for more progress,
Thanks, Jane. We’ll pass these comments to the T.
Comments are closed.