The MBTA caucus in the legislature (led by Rep. Sean Garballey and Sen. Pat Jehlen) has had the General Manager of the MBTA, Jon Davis, into the State House a several times to ask questions about the budget situation.
Mr. Davis has been very forthcoming with information and recently produced this very comprehensive package for us.
The package includes:
- The D’Allesandro Review of the MBTA’s financial condition.
- Information on parking lots and garages
- Information on snow removal costs
- HOV lane traffic counts
- A 10 year spending breakdown
- A 10 year revenue breakdown
- A 30 year debt service schedule
- An analysis of subsidy by mode of transportation
- Ridership data for the commuter rail
- Breakdown of savings efforts
- Alternative service reduction options
- Definitions of the service areas of the Ride
- Discussion of the E line decision
- A statement regarding municipal assessments for the T
- An update on reforms proposed by the Transportation Finance Commission