Many are waiting for answers regarding the perceived deterioration of 73 service. I had the occasion to get an informal response from the MBTA on this issue today:
- MBTA staff have reviewed your comments at this website.
- They have received my letter further conveying concerns.
- They agree that there has been a meaningful deterioration of service, based on reviewing a number of metrics available to them, like on-time performance, dropped trips, bunching, etc.
- Operational managers are working on improvements and are hopeful that they can address some of the problems.
- A more formal response will be forthcoming.