Massachusetts needs 54,000 applicants for 2020 Census efforts, but only has received about 17,000 applications so far. Census takers must be hired from all communities across the Commonwealth to ensure a complete count.
The pay range for these jobs are $22.50-$27.50 per hour. Working as a census taker for the 2020 Census is a great way to make extra money while helping your community.
Ways to Apply
Online: Click here for a 2020 Census job online.
In person: The U.S. Census Bureau is also hosting a 2020 Job Application Fair with a Census recruiter in Allston at Charlesview (123 Antwerp St., Allston MA) on Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 5-8PM. This event is open to anyone interested in working for the Census in Massachusetts.
- To apply for a 2020 Census Job online: https://recruitment.2020census.gov/ats/careersite/census.aspx?site=1&c=census
- To see job details, including job qualifications: https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/job-details.html
- To see a complete list of all census jobs: https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/job-details/job-descriptions.html
- To read more about the application process: https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/how-to-apply.html
- To learn more about the 2020 Census: https://willbrownsberger.com/category/census-and-redistricting/2020-census-preparation/