The MBTA has rolled out a public engagement process to solicit feedback on proposed changes to the commuter rail schedules. The public comment period will run from January 7th through February 12th. The proposed changes to the Fitchburg line are detailed here, and you can view details of the changes to other lines here. The MBTA has distributed a presentation with information about changes as well as a shorter list of FAQs.
If you have feedback for the MBTA, positive or negative, regarding these changes, you can let it know in the following ways:
- Talk to Commuter Rail staff at Back Bay, South Station and North Station on the following days:
- 1/19 Back Bay Station 5:00-7:00pm
- 1/20 South Station 5:00-7:00pm
- 1/21 North Station 5:00-7:00pm
- Attend a public meeting:
- 1/25 Breed Middle School, Lynn 6:00-8:00pm
- 1/27 Malden High School 6:00-8:00pm
- 1/28 Concord Town Hall 6:00-8:00pm
- 2/1 Union Station, Worcester 6:30-8:30pm
- 2/3 Mansfield High School 6:00-8:00pm
- 2/3 Walnut Hill School, Natick 6:00-8:00pm
- 2/8 Coakley Middle School, Norwood 6:00-8:00pm
- 2/8 Woburn City Hall 6:00-8:00pm
- Fill out this online survey that will record how the proposed changes will impact your individual commute: http://mbta.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1M65Hstpi45jX5b
- Email your comments to the MBTA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a letter:
Attn: Commuter Rail Schedule Committee
10 Park Plaza
Boston MA 02116
All comments will be reviewed and make any necessary adjustments. The finalized schedules will be announced in April and will go into effect on Monday, May 23rd.
Office of State Senator William N. Brownsberger
The Inbound Fitchburg proposed afternoon schedule is great, thank you.
The Outbound Fitchburg proposed morning schedule is ok, I believe there is still room for improvement, so that commuters who start work at 9am, can get there at a reasonable time. It would be ideal if there was an Outbound train leaving Porter Square between 8:05-8:20am.
Comments are closed.