The Senate Ways and Means Committee released its budget draft for Fiscal 2014 today.
It shaves total formula local aid overall just slightly, but some communities that have historically been shortchanged, notably Watertown, do a little better. In addition to making adjustments in the main local aid accounts it fully funds the special education circuit breaker.
- View local aid comparisons.
- View official Senate Ways and Means Committee press release.
- View official Senate Ways and Means highlights document
- View official Senate Ways and Means budget presentation.
- View the full budget document.
Debate on the budget will begin next week. We welcome your comments in this forum, but if you have specific amendments that you are hoping to have us offer, please call our office by phone, 617-722-1280, by Friday, May 17 at ten AM at the latest.