Mayor Menino’s Office shared these highlights of summer events that are happening throughout the City:
Boston Harborfest: July 2 – 7. Harborfest is a Fourth of July Festival that showcases the colonial and maritime heritage of the cradle of the American Revolution: the historic City of Boston. Over 200 Daily Events during the Festival are concentrated in Boston’s historic downtown and waterfront districts, with sponsored Main Events on Boston’s City Hall Plaza. www.bostonharborfest.com
ReadBoston Storymobile: July 8-August 16. The Storymobile program provides fun storytelling events and a free new book for every child in attendance. All sites are free and open to the public. Please see attached schedule of events for all location details.
Circle The City: July 14, 11 am – 4 pm (Avenue of the Arts) and September 29, 11 am – 4 pm (Blue Hill Avenue). Circle The City will have a festival-like atmosphere featuring safe, car-free public space to walk, bike, roll and dance. Circle The City activities will include free live performances, outdoor fitness, dance and yoga classes, healthy food, bike clinics, children’s activities, roller skating, hula hooping, and countless other opportunities to have fun on the streets and in the parks. www.circlethecityboston.org
Boston Centers for Youth & Families has a LOT of programs for youth going on throughout the summer. Visithttp://www.cityofboston.gov/
Boston Parks & Recreation 2013 Summer Programs: See attached flyers for details.
- ParkARTS Performing Arts – including puppet shows, neighborhood concerts, and movie nights.
- ParkARTS Participatory Arts – featuring watercolor painting, craft workshops, and the Boston’s Children’s Festival.
- ParkSCIENCE – a series of educational workshops designed to teach children that science is fun and can be experienced everywhere around them.
Boston Public Library:
- Read Your Way to Fenway – This is a contest for children age 5-17. By reading 3 books and writing a brief essay about their favorite one, applicants are entered into a contest to win three tickets to the August 17 Red Sox vs. Yankees game. Essays are due by Friday, July 26. http://www.bpl.org/summer/
- Concerts in the Courtyard – free concerts are held every Friday at 12:30 pm in the courtyard of the Central Library in Copley Square. A full listing of performers are here: http://www.bpl.org/news/