Job Opening in the Office of State Senator William N. Brownsberger
Please submit an electronic copy of your resume and cover letter to Anne Johnson Landry, the Senator’s Chief Counsel, at [email protected], by close of business on Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- Advise the Senator on legal and policy considerations relative to bills before the Committee chaired by the Senator (the Joint Committee on the Judiciary) or bills having advanced from the Committee.
- Attend meetings and events with or on behalf of the Senator or Chief Counsel relative to Committee and legislative work.
- Respond to inquiries relating to Committee and other legislative matters from constituents, other government offices, and advocates.
- Draft, file, and track bills, legislative amendments, and budget amendments on behalf of the Senator.
- Prepare testimony, bill summaries, and materials in advance of hearings and Senate formal sessions.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Senator, Chief Counsel, or Chief of Staff.
- Excellent writing and legal skills required.
- 1-3 years of legislative, agency, or court experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.