Senator William N. Brownsberger is seeking applicants for the position of District Director.
The District Director will provide assistance to constituents, local officials and organizations with issues relating to state government. The position requires the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to attend frequent evening and weekend meetings in the district. The position is based at the State House but 25-50% of time will be spent in the district. The ability to travel throughout the district is required. The District Director will report to the Chief of Staff.
- Attend district meetings with and on behalf of the Senator
- Develop and maintain relationships with local officials, civic organizations and constituents in the district
- Stay informed about local issues
- Research local issues
- Track district projects
- Brief the Senator and other staff on local issues
- Coordinate with state agencies to respond to constituent queries
- Handle constituent case work
- Plan and coordinate district events
- Generate and respond to correspondence in a timely manner
- Greet visitors and answer phones in the State House
- Enter data into the Senator’s constituent services database
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding oral communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Masters in Social Work or Planning or Government valued but not required
- Federal, state or local government experience
- Knowledge of the Senator’s district
How to Apply:
Please submit an electronic copy of your resume and a cover letter to Andrew Bettinelli: (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications must be received by close of business on Friday, April 5, 2019. Interviews will be conducted after all applications have been received. Not all applicants will be asked to interview.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.