The following is a communication sent to legislators from the Mass Cultural Council.
[We] thought it might be helpful to share Mass Cultural Council’s most recent Letter to the Field from our executive director, Anita Walker, which was issued on 3/16/20 and outlines the steps we are taking to try to provide relief to the cultural sector: https://massculturalcouncil.org/blog/an-update-to-our-response-to-covid-19/
Specifically, Mass Cultural Council is prioritizing five action items to help the cultural sector manage financial disruption associated with Coronavirus:
- We are collecting data from the field on how Coronavirus is impacting individual artists/cultural organizations. We would welcome it if you shared these survey links to your local stakeholders, as the data we are collecting maybe helpful as mitigation packages/programs are developed in the coming weeks:
- We are working internally to accelerate the processing and disbursement of any remaining fiscal year payments to our organizations.
- We are exploring options on how to extend deadlines on final reports. Those with questions should reach out to their Mass Cultural Council program staff contact.
- With our governing Council, we are revisiting our FY20 spending plan with a critical eye to assess how we might redeploy unspent dollars as emergency mitigation funds to support our artists and cultural nonprofits.
- Tomorrow, Thursday, March 19 at 3pm we will host a webinar led by staff from the Boston Public Health Commission and the Nonprofit Finance Fund, and moderated by our Executive Director Anita Walker. This session will provide you with strategies your organization can adopt to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus and to manage incidences of racial stigma you may encounter. Again, please feel free to share this link: https://massculturalcouncil.org/event/covid-19-preparedness-for-the-cultural-sector/