Dear Senator Brownsberger, Chair of the Joint Committee on the Judiciary,
Marti Oakley who has been hosting an internet radio show for about eight years devoted mostly to elder abuse posted an open letter to AG Jeff Sessions. I think this letter could just as well be posted to state Legislatures that make the laws governing how the Probate Court functions. I have copied a list of questions from that letter below.
What, if anything, is the Joint Committee on the Judiciary doing to address the questions posed by Marti Oakley?
An Open Letter to AG Jeff Sessions: Will you protect the elderly from professional predators?
Posted: 26 May 2018 11:00 PM PDT
Maybe you could explain to me:
- How the living, breathing human being is forced to suffer a statutory civil death, equal in its legal consequences to a physical death, and then:
- have their identity taken from them and assigned to a known predator, who now assumes and presents themselves as the victim, along with all their assets?
- Why is it that in these tribunals, the rules of evidence do not have to be adhered to?
- Why does the code of civil procedure not apply?
- Why is due process never adhered to?
- Why are ex parte hearings allowed to occur without notice to the family or the victim?
- Why are these professional predators allowed to levy charges of all kinds against the victim and the family and friends without ever producing any evidence that the charges are in fact valid?
- Why are they never asked for such evidence?
- Why is no evidence allowed to be entered into the record of the tribunal refuting the claims of the predators?
- And why is the victim forced to pay for the actions brought against them when no crime has been committed, there is no injured party and no damage to property that the predator does not own or have an interest in….yet.
The PPJ Gazette
Full article: https://ppjg.me/2018/05/22/an-open-letter-to-ag-jeff-sessions-will-you-protect-the-elderly-from-professional-predators/?fb_action_ids=2100928586820847&fb_action_types=news.publishes